I was forced to go to my cousin's engagement today. I dreaded going bcoz I know what's gonna come out of my aunts' mouths. "So, when is ur turn, honey?". I don't go to my cousins' weddings for that very reason! I hate it when ppl ask me that question. I'm only freaking 23 yrs old. Back then, at this age, I would have probably gotten married with children but I wasn't born back then. I'm the new generation and the new generation gets married at the age of 26 above or don't get married at all. In my case, the latter.
Anyway, the engagement went well and the hantaran(s) were lovely! The decoration was really nice and wasn't 'kampung-ish' at all. Surprisingly. Haha. Oh yeah, one more reason why I hate engagement ceremonies is that u have strangers sitting beside u and they'd step on ur kain or whatever that u are wearing and don't have the bloody decency to apologise. Maybe bcoz they're not brought up to apologise, I dunno but it happened to me just now and I honestly almost snapped at that lady. "You're bloody stepping on my kain! MOVE!!".. but of coz me being me, I just smiled and said, excuse me. Did she apologise? Of coz not! What amazes me the most is that, she's older than me and u know what they always say about org tua.. they're well-behaved and polite. Polite my ass! She's not tua-tua laa.. she's probably 30ish but for heaven's sakes, have u ever heard of the word "SORRY"?? I have one more reason why I hate family gatherings/reunions. My dad's side especially. IT TAKES FOREVER TO GET MY DAD TO GO HOME!!! OMG! I think just now, I stood about.. 4 times thinking it was time to go home bcoz my dad kept on saying, "okay, we're leaving now.. go salam everyone". I think I salam-ed everyone about 4 times.. and imagine about 50+ ppl were there.. my hands hurt laa! Such a spoilt brat.. I KNOW! It is such a drag being the youngest coz u're always forced to go to this sort of thing. Even if I'm not forced or dragged to go, my parents would use an ultimatum sort of thing or would say something sikit just to make me feel bloody guilty! I sure hope this is it for this year. No more engagements or gatherings. I like weddings.. I love them but engagements.. it's different. Weddings in hotel are my favourite bcoz u have to leave no matter what by 10 or 11 the most. If it's at my relative's house, I would have to stay till late bcoz my parents and uncles and aunts would talk forever like they're not gonna see each other in 12 years to come! Hang out with my cousins? From my dad's side? FORGET IT! I'd rather stick my head in the washing machine.
It's 2041hrs and I'm hungry. After all this rambling, who wouldn't be..

No comments:
Post a Comment