Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Saving lives... drama of the day!

It's one month today - the passing of my late mother. I went to the grave with daddy and recited some prayers for her. Dad left about 15 mins later for a meeting and I stayed. It dawned upon me that come Eid Mubarak this year, it will only be the two of us. My brothers will probably be going back to their wives' hometowns while dad and I will probably spend it with his siblings. How fun....

After I 'talked' to mummy and cried my eyeballs out, I went to One Utama to meet up with Sandy. As always, she was late. LOL - actually I was way too early so I decided on my own that we catch a movie so I bought two tickets to 'Mad Money'. I had no idea what it was about but seeing that the cast consist of Diane Keaton, Queen Latifah and Katie Holmes - I thought it shouldn't be too shabby and boy was I right! It turned out to be a really good movie and we enjoyed it very much!!

After we were done with the movie, we had something to eat. I - as always - was hungry and - as always - 2 Libras together isn't good for you, let me tell you that! We were of no help to one another when it comes to decision-making!! I couldn't decide on what to eat and so couldn't Sandy (I wanted Nando's potato salad but the promo was over - so typical!!) so after rounds of "what do you want to eat - up to you whatever you want" - we ended up at Zoup.

The menu was impressive and then, I couldn't decide what to have so I ended up with Pasta Aglia E Olio and Detox juice which is made of Apple, Cucumber, Celery and Mint. Sandy had Pasta Carbonara and OJ.

My pasta was lousy. It is the simplest type of pasta a kid could make and it turned out lousy! How is that possible?! Sandy's Carbonara... don't even let me go there. It tasted like it was burned out! I may not be a good cook but I can cook. Heck! My brothers make really fantastic pasta sauces! After the food that we consumed, I definitely needed to detox!! The meal cost MYR47.something and it wasn't worth it. I wouldn't mind spending more elsewhere.

After the meal, Sandy wanted to take some pictures so we walked around. We needed some fresh air so we opted the outdoor of One U. I saw Starbucks and decided I could use some chocolate drink. So off we went to Starbucks and as always, I ended up with a cake and it was.. Rocky Road! It was okay, I have tried it before but it wasn't as good as the last one I had.

Something tells me - I'm hard to please lately... actually my BF told me that and I kinda see the truth in it lately! LOL.

We left One U around 5 cause Sandy had to be home to talk to her John-John (that sounds kinda wrong, doesn't it?! - lol) and I was pretty tired after all the walking and I was actually down from missing my mother.

So I got home and there were 2 tiny kittens on the road and it broke my heart to see them walking aimlessly. I contemplated whether to take them or not. I went home. I felt guilty and I talked to BF and he said take them if I wanted to, Sandy said I should and my heart... it told me to bloody take care of them already!! Sigh.

Why I contemplated was because I wasn't too sure if I could do it - taking care of them, feeding and cleaning them up as I am pretty lousy at that. Well, I babysit my nieces often but that's totally different - in my opinion anyway. Kittens are.... impossible to take care of especially without their mothers. When we had 2o over cats/kittens, my brothers took care of them. I was only 4 or 5 - what did I know except to play with and cradle them like they were my babies only I realised then I wasn't a cat.... if my religion believed in past lives, I would have been a cat - for sure! I love fish and people say I have cat eyes... go figure!

Anyway, I love animals. I love CATS! Period. I took those tiny kittens in. They were extremely noisy cause they were probably dying of hunger (such a drama queen, aren't I) so I prepared milk, took a new sponge and dipped it in the milk. Voila~! The kittens sucked on them like they've never sucked before!! I bet they haven't and I am very sure their stupid excuse of an owner threw them in the dumpster! They were in a box when I went to get them. I do not understand people like this. Why can't you bloody take them to PAWS or SPCA?! The least they could have done is let mummy cat feed those kittens until they are capable of being on their own and THEN give them away to the shelters. People like this piss me off BIG TIME!

I wiped them clean and now they look fresh. Fresh and clean. Hehe. I am taking them to SPCA with daddy tomorrow. I wish I could keep all three but with the way things are at the moment, we can't afford to have one. I am at work most of the time and dad is either at Ezy's or out with his friends so it isn't the right time yet but I so want a cat and I will definitely make that happen some time later.



1 comment:

*s.a.s* said...

dude....are there 2 or three cats??? LMSAO!!!! and good advice to give to the arses who threw them away!! You have my support!! :P i went home to see the maid and talk to bri!!! LOL...love ya hun!