Mama, thank you for who I am
Thank you for all the things I'm not
Forgive me for the words unsaid
For the times I forgot
Mama remember all my life
You showed me love, you sacrificed
Think of those young and early days
How I've changed along the way [along the way]
And I know you believed
And I know you had dreams
And I'm sorry it took all this time to see
That I am where I am because of your truth
And I miss you, yeah I miss you
Mama forgive the times you cried
Forgive me for not making right
All of the storms I may have caused
And I've been wrong, Dry your eyes [dry your eyes]
Cause I know you believed
And I know you had dreams
And I'm sorry it took all this time to see
That I am where I am because of your truth
And I miss you, I miss you
Mama I hope this makes you smile
I hope you're happy with my life
At peace with every choice I made
How I've changed along the way [along the way]
Cause I know you believed in all of my dreams
And I owe it all to you, Mama
I heard this song in the car on my way out earlier today. I had to hold back my tears as my father was with me. I can't let him see or hear me cry cause that will make him cry. The words to this song pretty much dead on. I am who I am today because of her and my father. I truly owe it all to them for giving me the best education, a roof over my head, the support that I need(ed), the unconditional love and care they have for me.
My mother was a housewife. She used to work during her younger years but she once told me her life was more fulfilling when she became a housewife. It made her happy to be home with her children, see them grow up, nurturing and teaching them good values in life.
It's a full time job - being a stay at home mother. I don't know if I could be one but seeing how my mother managed it all, it is slowly becoming to me... I'm practically doing half the things she used to do except for the cooking part (for now) and it's really tiring but really worth it. Not that I am married with kids but doing house chores are really friggin' tiring especially the mopping and cleaning up. The washing and folding... *phew*!
Mum, you're truly the BEST!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment