On the 22nd of Dec at 03:20am - I lost my beloved mother. She was 61.
She left a handsome husband, 3 good looking sons, 1 pretty daughter, 3 beautiful daughters-in-law and 3 gorgeous granddaughters.
My late mother was not sick. She had the occasional headaches, cold and flu but nothing too serious.
On the 21st of Dec, we had our cousin's wedding at night. My siblings and I were at the hotel getting ready after a whole afternoon of outing. My mother had gone off earlier with my aunt. Plan was for all of us including my father to meet her later at the hall. Around 6ish, I received a call from my cousin saying that my mother isn't feeling too good. She complained of a chest pain.
About 20mins or so later, he called again to inform us that my mother had passed out and ambulance was called. On the way to the hospital, the traffic was bad and it pissed the hell out of all of us. I called my father (he was at my grandmother's at the time of the incident) to let him know what had happened.
When we got to the hospital, my aunt (my late mother's youngest sister), her husband and my late mother's younger brother were there outside the emergency room. We could tell my aunt was in shock and the rest were worried. After going up a flight of stairs, my aunt told us that my late mother had complained of a headache and that she felt like fainting.
My aunt then took her to a 'surau' to rest. There, she asked for water and after taking a sip, my late mother passed out. It took the ambulance forever to get there so my cousin and his friends drove my late mother to the hospital. Thank God, the hospital was just around the corner of the building where my cousin's reception was being held.
El, Jules and myself waited for my father to arrive. Eddie and family were on their way too. My father got there first and then the doctor came out. He told us that at the time when my mother arrived at the hospital, she was lifeless. For a good 10 - 20 mins or so. Just when those words came out - I started bawling and so did El. The doctor managed to revive her back and my mother was put on a ventilator.
Okay... I will have to stop now cause I can't stop my tears.

No comments:
Post a Comment