Sunday, December 30, 2007

"An amazing woman" - yes, indeed...

I'm thinking about my late mother. How much she is loved by many of us. News of her demise spread like wild fire. My brothers' primary, secondary and university friends called, texted... so did mine. Everyone said the same thing - she was an amazing woman. Loving and caring. Always put everyone else before her. Yup - that's my mother.

Even when she was having the flu, she'd wake up in the morning - prepared breakfast for all of us. Always made sure I had something to eat before I go to work. Yes, I was pampered by her... but she taught me everything a young woman should know about household. We are blessed in so many ways and yet, she always made sure I know how to cook and look after a husband like she did. I would be very happy to be half the person that she was.

The day before she left, she told my aunt that she was worried about me. She wasn't worried about me not meeting THE one because she knew that I am happy now. Happier than I have ever been in a long time... she was just worried that she'd never get to see me get married. I believe that is the only wish of hers that she didn't live to see. Every time I replay the conversation I had with my aunt about that and other things, I'd start crying because... I want her with me.. when my wedding day comes... and I know, I know she will be there... but I wish she'd be there in a flesh... to watch me get ready... to see me walk down the aisle.

When she was alive, I would call at least twice a day from work to check up on her and father. Just to chit-chat for a bit till I get home to be with them. Yes I live with my parents and yes, I call them every day! There isn't anything about me that my mother didn't know. If you wanted to share your secrets, my mother was the one you would want to share it with! I know for a fact that she brought my secrets with her to the grave. She has never said anything bad about anyone. No matter how rude a person is to her, she said nothing of it. She has never had an ill thought of anyone... always offering help to everyone around her. She wasn't judgmental. No way! She would talk to anyone... did not matter to her if a person is from a lower class. I remember my aunts telling me that she treated our maid like the maid was one of her siblings....

God I miss her sooo much.....

No comments: