Today is Dila's 20th birthday so Happy Birthdayyyyy!!!! Mann... I can't believe how much she has grown. Not that she looks her age. Much younger to be honest!
I remember when she was 4 years old - strangling my kittens - poor kittens!! Even the cats would run away whenever they see her coming. She used to get whatever she asked for... which totally irked me! I used to envy her.. seriously. Maybe cause I was the youngest and that she wasn't really my parents' daughter. I was young at that time, all I wanted was everyone's attention but after I turned 14 or 15, I began to understand why she was that way. She didn't get any attention at all at her own home. The second youngest brother got all the attention. So my parents gave her all the attention she deserved and so did my brothers. Then I began to show her the sisterly side of me. I showed it by bullying her a lot. Ahhh to be an older sister. What a bliss!!
Anyhow, we celebrated her birthday by taking her to Manhattan Fish Market. It was a good thing that we went there as I was in the mood for seafood. El, Jules and Dila arrived first so they ordered the lobster platter which consisted of mussels, calamaris, fish & chips, garlic rice and of course a huge lobster! Absolutely fabulous! I loovveee seafood!!
Now, I am not a big fan of mussels but the creamy sauce it was served in was simply delicious. I was asked to try the mussels but it was too much for me. I just couldn't take it. Dila was curious as to how mussels taste like so I forced her to try one. Seriously.. I forced her. She said it was nice and that I should give it a try. Yeah right. After all those crap she was telling me, I caved in and tried one. Let me just say that there ain't gonna be a next time! Oysters I can live with, mussels.. no thanks!
I remember when she was 4 years old - strangling my kittens - poor kittens!! Even the cats would run away whenever they see her coming. She used to get whatever she asked for... which totally irked me! I used to envy her.. seriously. Maybe cause I was the youngest and that she wasn't really my parents' daughter. I was young at that time, all I wanted was everyone's attention but after I turned 14 or 15, I began to understand why she was that way. She didn't get any attention at all at her own home. The second youngest brother got all the attention. So my parents gave her all the attention she deserved and so did my brothers. Then I began to show her the sisterly side of me. I showed it by bullying her a lot. Ahhh to be an older sister. What a bliss!!
Anyhow, we celebrated her birthday by taking her to Manhattan Fish Market. It was a good thing that we went there as I was in the mood for seafood. El, Jules and Dila arrived first so they ordered the lobster platter which consisted of mussels, calamaris, fish & chips, garlic rice and of course a huge lobster! Absolutely fabulous! I loovveee seafood!!
Now, I am not a big fan of mussels but the creamy sauce it was served in was simply delicious. I was asked to try the mussels but it was too much for me. I just couldn't take it. Dila was curious as to how mussels taste like so I forced her to try one. Seriously.. I forced her. She said it was nice and that I should give it a try. Yeah right. After all those crap she was telling me, I caved in and tried one. Let me just say that there ain't gonna be a next time! Oysters I can live with, mussels.. no thanks!
After all the seafood we ate, we were stuffed but I still had room for ice cream so we headed to Baskin-Robbins - I can't live without ice cream. I really can't!

No comments:
Post a Comment