Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Cloverfield and more

I went to watch 'Cloverfield' yesterday afternoon. My brother's friend kept telling us how good the movie was - as good as LOTR - and that got me very interested so I decided to watch it on my day off.

First of all let me state that 'Cloverfield' is NOTHING like LOTR and it wasn't even close but it was good! I would watch it again but I might not because it is from a first person's perspective so it gives you a bit of a headache with the camera shaking and toppling!

The monster (like I told my friend, they should call it an 'alien' instead) is very alien-like. The ending was good - it left you wanting for more, well at least for me it did that. I thought there was more to it (not going to spoil you people) and when it ended I was like... "WTH?! That was it" - aahh but good movie nonetheless!

One or two actors would be familiar to some of you but the rest are pretty much either newcomers or maybe they are just not good looking people for me to notice in other movies they have acted in. Who knows.

I went to watch it alone and also, had lunch alone and everything else by myself. Do I sound pathetic? Do you think I care?!

Came home with a box of delicious but sinful cupcakes! I bought a dozen and ended up eating only one so brought the rest to Ezy's when we had dinner there.

I have noticed a lot lately whenever I am out that there is a lot of inter-racial marriages here. You don't get too many Malay ladies with White men - I think because White prefers Chinese or Indians but lately, I see a lot of Malay ladies with White guys. I saw a couple at a cafe near my office the other day - I can't say that they are good looking couple but their son is SOOO adorable! He's going to be a heartbreaker, that tiny one! He smiled at me and waved goodbye.... sigh - soooo cute!

Sandy is going to have beautiful babies when she marries Brian *smile*. I bet you're going to get married sooner than I am!!

No comments: