Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What I look for in a man

I was in bed last night when I started thinking about a question that was asked by a friend of mine which I didn't really answer. "What do you look for in a man/husband?". But now that I had given it a thought, here is what I have to say...

Communication - Okay, he must be able to communicate with me on every level. Whatever that is going on - bad or good - he must communicate with me no matter what! We must be able to work out our problems and the way to work it out is by communicating with one another.

Personality - My sexy hot man (yes I intend to have a sexy hot husband - call me a dreamer, I don't care!!) must have a personality that isn't like some broad-chested man with no brains. Or a computer geek who stays in front of his computer all day and night or a couch potato who does only that - sits in front of the tube and watch TV shows all day through! I need someone who is positive, has strong personality and is kind-hearted. I need to be with someone whose personality just engulfs me like a warm blanket!!

Sense of Humour - People say laughter is the best medicine. Yes it is! It breaks down tense moments and solidifies why you love that person. I have been told that I am funny or I have a rather decent sense of humour (sometimes my humourous side can be cynical and sarcastic but hey, it's humour nonetheless!!) but I need a man who will make me laugh which in turn will make me happy. Not only that, smiling and laughing tend to make one look younger, so yes, I need someone that can do both to me!

Trustworthy - Or someone loyal. I don't need a player in my life. Have had enough of that when I was younger. I want and need someone who will be mine and only mine and I am his. No one else.

Respect - Mutual respect is earned therefore if he respects me, I'll gladly return the respect. Enough said!

Sex - I have a sex drive that is only matched by a porn star. Okay okay, that is not so true. While my husband and I may not have sex everyday or multiple times a day, he must like sex a lot and be up for it at anytime as I feel that is one of the many ways to show your love for the one in your life.

Now on to the more specific details...

Spontaneous - Maybe a romantic getaway or those little notes left behind in closets, drawers etc or flowers sent to the office - those would be nice!!

Gets along with my family - Now if he can do that, he won't have to worry about me looking another way!!

Likes to spend time at home and read or watch DVDs with me - you know some quality time and cuddling up, those kinda things.

Intelligent - I must be with someone who can carry decent and intelligent conversation at any time. Someone that must be able to have thoughtful and deep discussions on anything and everything because that would also help me to become a better person at discussing things and to be more open.

Job - Must be able to make his own money as I am not going to be anyone's sugar mummy!

My love for petty things/F1/UFOs - Doesn't judge me based on all these things that fascinate me. In fact, if he loves it too - that would be a bonus but if he doesn't, it isn't the end of the world, I just discuss the matters with other people!

Friends - He must be able to accept my friends (very small amount of friends that I have, VERY small!) and respect them as I will, his friends. Must be able to accept the fact that I am good friends with my ex and nothing more than that.

Travel - He must love travelling because I do but I don't get to do it every so often so my partner must love it so we both can travel around the country/world when/if we can. Have romantic vacations now and then - that would be very nice!!!

Animals - Must love animals especially cats! I love cats. I used to have dozens and I would still like to have one soon. Horses - wonderful beings.

Last would be that I would love to have someone who is passionate about all things pursued. I admire and respect someone who is passionate about his hobbies, surroundings, beliefs.. someone who speaks their mind in a respectful manner.

I would also like someone who challenges me on every level. I always enjoy a good challenge, win or lose. He would be someone who makes me want to be a better person because they are that great of a person.

So there it is. The list of things I look for in a man. I don't think it's that hard to find someone like that? LOL.

No comments: