I just had the worst morning ever this week! I think the worst morning ever for months! I didn't sleep well - in fact, no sleep at all - when I finally dozed off, the alarm went off. I wanted to come in late to work today but with the guests visiting, that would be impossible. Well, possible if my partner in crime was not on medical leave. So I had to be at work by 11:30am as the guests are coming at 12:00pm.
I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked horrible! Eye-bags and my eyes were puffy. What a sight! Took a shower, got myself ready and went downstairs. Greeted my parents and in return, I was greeted by QN with a big sloppy kiss! Aaahhh.. what a way to start my morning - and I do mean it in a good way! I thought to myself - okay, this is going to be a good morning for me! Yippee! So had coffee and mummy was hovering over me to eat my breakfast but really, I wasn't in the mood for anything except coffee.
As I was putting my things together, I realised that my office keys are not with me. I must have left it in the office. I was right. So with MPIC on medical leave, I was the only one available to open for the day. Huh... how the hell am I gonna get my keys when it's INSIDE the office?? I didn't panic - I rarely panic - so what I did was, I called AGM and arranged to meet him at the HQ to get his spare keys. That was settled. So daddy drove me to the airport, I mean to the HQ (where did the airport come from??) and I got there by 11:30am. From my house to the HQ is 10mins and from the HQ to my academy - 15mins. So I had time. Time was on my side, baby!! Oh yeah!!! So AGM and I exchanged some funnies and left for the academy. I'll get there on time. I just know I will get there in time.
Not!! It is so typical that at the time I am rushing, there was a massive traffic ahead. So to avoid getting into it, daddy decided to take another turn which turned out to be the wrong way. *smile*. I couldn't say anything because daddy is always right - no matter what! So I just sat in the quietly fuming. I can't say enough how pissed off I was. Not at daddy but at myself for not speaking up and told him that he got it the wrong way. Why didn't I? Well, I didn't want to make things worse by arguing with him and I really wasn't in the mood for another misunderstanding or whatever you call it.
We finally reached the academy at 12:10pm. I got out the car and daddy said "I'm sorry I made you late for work" and I know he meant it. So I got in, gave him a hug and told him, I'll be fine.
That would be the end of my horrible start of the day, right? No way. I unlocked the academy, got everything together and who came barging in? My big boss. He just had to tell me how the guests are already here earlier and went home because they waited too long. 10mins is a long wait but come on, it wasn't like I did for fun of being late. It's not something I decide as I wake up in the morning and think - "hey, let's be late today and just screw up the guests. Oooh.. that's a load of fun!!". Fine, I apologised - again after texting him earlier about being slightly late.
Then after the guests left (apparently, they didn't leave - they just went to have lunch at a nearby restaurant), he had asked me to do a notice which I had made a note about it. With all the other things happening and short of staff at that time, I was doing 3 things at once. When he asked for the notice - I was about to do it so I wasn't surprised when I was lectured about not doing things on time. I had lost my patience so I snapped at him. I can't be doing EVERYTHING at one time, you know. I'm so tired, upset, sleepy... I was overwhelmed with all sorts of emotions. He didn't have to add on to my feeling bad enough about being late.
I really hope my evening will turn out for the better. I really can't take it anymore. I'm almost on the verge of breaking down...

No comments:
Post a Comment